Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Family

I got to spend the day with my family.  Although a few hours were put into the shelter moving furniture and cleaning out a storage room, I did get to spend that time with my family.  Farmer's Market was taken care of and the children got to run and play. 

They are also still taking care of most of the milking.  Charlie has really gotten good at it.  He went from a couple of months ago hardly able to get a squirt out to now milking full on and getting a good stream going.  He just needed more time to figure out the hand grip and coordination.  I don't know if it is a left-handed thing, a boy thing, or a Charlie thing, but either way he's got it down now.

He has not broken any bones with his new bike yet and he is wearing protection when he rides.  However, I know his parents.  You take a child with little coordination and place him on a bicycle in the middle of the forest with a rocky terrain and throw in his genetic line....

Thursday is my next First Responder class.  Here's to praying I don't get called out again.  While I am thankful I have an understanding instructor, I don't want him to think I am taking advantage of his generosity in me getting pulled out to deal with an emergency. 

There isn't much else going on.  A lot of running and a lot of the same.  The pregnant goat has been named Eternity.  She is going to be pregnant for an eternity.  Anytime I look at her and she starts acting like she is going to go in the next 24 hours, her behavior changes back to "normal."  Dumb goat.  She won't have those babies at a time that is convenient for me.  She will wait until there is some type of chaotic situation going on where all of our attention is focused on something life threatening or something and she will start bellowing out as loud as she can and have some kind of complication where I have to reach into her birth canal and pull the kids out.  And she will do this just to inconvenience me.  I know it.  I will be on my way to the shelter for some emergency while at the same time Husband is responding to a fire call.  Just wait and see.

No comments: