Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HORRORS

We have sunshine and blue skies!  Horrors!  What will we do?  How do we handle this?  How will the girls wash their hair 1,000 times a day?  How will we ever survive?

Oops!  Weather forcast calls for more rain this afternoon into tonight and overnight and through the day tomorrow.  Whew!  That was close. 

In all seriousness, though, I am done with rain.  With more rain coming, I am setting up our "transportation tank" to collect even more water.  Might as well.  We were talking about getting a couple more tanks anyway so this is a good opportunity for us to do so. 

I called the VFW to cancel the monthly La Leche League meeting.  I radioed into dispatch that both of us are out of service until further notice.  I also let them know that any calls up this way, no one can respond to with the exception of air-evac.  And that is only when they are able to fly. 

I am finding out that I am not good at stranded.  We have everything we need to sit for a good long while if needed, but I don't like it mentally.  I have a long list of things that need doing and no way to get it done.  So, I am working on something I have a hard time with.  Delegating.  Asking others to do things I had in mind to do.  I have it a certain way in my head and I am having to let it go and call on other people and ask them to do it.  And, allow them to do it however they decide.  It might not match what is in my brain.  Yes, I'm neurotic.  Or is it psychotic?  Or maybe it's both?  Either way, I am having to let go.

But I still need to get to the office and get the 50 million other things done!  GAH!  Pant, pant, pant.  Breathe, breathe, breathe.  Ok, I feel better.  As long as I can get out for Friday's training.

No comments: