Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome To The World!

Little Miss Kaya made an appearance.  However, Little Miss Kaya is actually Little Mister Lennon.

Yes, the little girl is actually a little boy.  The birth went great and even though he was post due, he is still very healthy.  He pinked up nicely and has a healthy cry.  He did not stop moving at all during labor.  Even when pushing, he was still moving around.  Mandie's blood pressure stayed great and he came quick.  Mom looks good.  Baby looks good.

6 pounds 12 ounces
19 inches long
8:43am

A few ironic things about this:
Mandie had been making the prediction about "her" being born on Dec 21 due to full moon, meteor shower, winter solstice, etc.  I had joked with her that the baby wouldn't come until January 21.  (I was safely in Arkansas when I said that.) 
I had joked around with her saying that I would bust out laughing if "she" came out a boy. 

No comments: