Monday, January 3, 2011

We got our bills paid today and did some budgeting.  I was thinking that I would not make it back to Indiana for the birth (if that ever happens) but I will be able to make it.  I just won't make it back until after the 26th.  We also spoke with our realtor about the surrounding property and the owners never replied to his letter which is not surprising.  He had contacted them before and gotten no answer.  I asked his advice and he said to go ahead and use it like it's ours.  The people have been notified that we are interested in buying it and have been using it and they have not replied.  So if they don't come forward in the next seven years (I hope they do) and since they have knowledge we are using the land, we can go to court and legally own it.  Not the way we want to go about this.  I am going to contact them every six months or so as a reminder.  "Hey, remember us?  We're using your land and would like to buy it."  Sending it delivery confirmation will prove that they have received the letters.

I also got reminded to stick with the Dave Ramsey Plan.  We are going to be done paying on the van come spring and I wanted to put that towards the land, but was reminded "smallest first."  But the interest vs principle!  Wah!  I know, I know.  Smallest first.  We have no credit card debt.  The van will be paid off in the spring.  The truck is next.  Then the cabin.  Then all of that into the land.  Patience.  Grant me patience and give it to me NOW.

I did not get any shooting in today.  I am looking forward to more shooting now that I know how bad my stance is and am interested to see how much my shooting will improve once I fix my stance.  I did do a bit of correcting yesterday, but still don't have a "good" stance.

My hand is still messed up.  I don't think it will ever be 100% right again.  My middle, ring, and pinkie are the worse.  I still have a hard time with the joints in the first knuckles and (with the middle finger) the second knuckle.  I also still can't get my ring back on.  But, as Husband says, the ring is not our marriage.  Our marriage is more than and stronger than some piece of jewelery.

Wyatt has rejoined Weight Watchers and after stepping on the scale last night, I decided to join the band-wagon and work on shedding weight that got put back on.  I lost a lot of weight and over the past few weeks, I put about 25 pounds back on.  So, I am going to work on getting rid of the blubber I put back on and work on losing the rest of the blubber that never got shed before.  Restarting weight as of last night is 234.4 pounds.  I guess those small earthquakes that have been hitting Arkansas are just me walking around.

No comments: