Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shooting Pictures

Today, Charlie shot a .22 for the first time.  He did very well.  He did not flinch and he hit in the general direction he was aiming.

This first picture is of Husband showing Charlie the .22 and explaining how to hold it.  This was also the first time he handled a handgun.



Charlie actually shooting the handgun.  As I said, he did fairly well for his first time.  He was hesitant when asked because he knows the handgun is louder than his air gun.  As I said, though, he did well.  He does need more practice.


I, on the other hand, need to work on my stance.  While I may be able to hit my target, I obviously have a horrible stance.  Being cross-sighted (as is Charlie) also has me holding my head at a funny angle.  Ironically enough, with all the shooting I have done, this is the first time I have actually had a chance to see how I look when I shoot.  By the way, this is my .38.



After seeing the pictures, I decided to adjust my stance and see how I did.  When I tried sighting with my right eye (I aim with my left) I was way off.  So, I went back to sighting with my left eye.  Bottom line - Horrible stance, but I can still hit.

No comments: