Friday, October 1, 2010

I failed

Bethany doesn't realize it yet (and I am sure she will soon) but she missed her first Daisy meeting.  Even after a reminder call last night, I still forgot.  We went to Yellville to pay a few bills and yardsaled our way home and lost track of time.  When we hit Gainesville is when I remembered.  I went to call the leader this afternoon and the number she called me from had been disconnected sometime between last night and today.

We did score big in the yardsale department.  We found a cot, lots of school books including some very good text books, four pairs of pants for Charlie and a Carhart coat all for $7.00.  The text books include two math books, a social studies book, a science book, and a physics experiment book (which is geared for children Charlie's age.)  Plus a bunch of workbooks and a couple of fun reading books for him.

At another yardsale, we found a skylight which comes at the perfect timing.I also know exactly where I want it.  And at yet another, we found some Alpha/Omega curriculum for grade 2 which means if Bethany keeps going at the rate she is going, she will be using it in less than a year.

So, lots of good finds and lots of good deals, but a very bad me for causing Bethany to miss her first meeting.  I'm going to have to make this up to her.

Tomorrow, I am going to be having a table with breastfeeding information and I have been frantically getting everything together.  This is my first one here.  I used to do this stuff in Terre Haute all the time and all that stuff got left there so they could continue using it and now I am basically starting from scratch.  Everything comes out of my own pocket.  (It did there as well, for much of it, but I did get reimbursed for some of it.  I'm not sure they even realize how much I spent without asking for reimbursement.)  Anyway, I'm nervous.  But them again, I always get nervous at a first time event.  I remember being nervous the first time I did DTFM in Terre Haute.  I know I will be fine.  I'm considering taking some sewing stuff with me so I can work on a few skirts and dresses that need repair.  At least that way I will have something to do.

No comments: