Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello, Indiana

I spent yesterday recovering from a long drive.  Today, we went to the house and did some sorting of what is and is not coming with us.  I dropped a whole bunch of books off at Sycamore Manor.  These are books that either I had read and am done with or will most likely never read.  I took the opportunity (or used it as an excuse) to visit a couple of people there that I miss. 

I am going to head back to the house while Husband stays with the children.  I have a lot of packing to do.  clothes and fabric are going to take up quite a bit of room not to mention that I still have a whole bunch more books.  My sewing machine is coming and so are the bookshelves, cabinet, beds, desk, and who knows what else.  We want to bring the piano, but are thinking "heart attack" when we think about moving it.  But we want to have it for the children.  What are we going to say?  "Sorry, but we didn't feel like moving the piano because we didn't want to put forth the extra effort."  Unless we are physically incapable of moving it, it is coming.

When we stopped by the house earlier, we noticed Husband's band saw grinder and my 32mm camera gone.  We have our suspicions of who took them, but have no way of proving it.  It just shows me the character of some people.

1 comment:

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

Moving a piano is not that hard. You just need a flat moving dolly. Lift it on the treble end (because it is lighter) then have someone place the dolly in the center. Let your end back down. You need a ramp for any stairs. If you can back your truck or trailer up to the top step of a stoop, etc., then just ramp and put in truck. You don't need 8 men. One man and one woman can do it. Trust me. No heart attack. Just the right tools. Or call Rich Curtis and ask him how much he would charge to help you load it up and bring his dolly and ramp. 201-2962 However, you will need a dolly and ramp when you get home, too.