Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Today, as we celebrate the birth of or nation, let us not forget what our nation was founded upon. Individual freedoms, personal responsibility, a constitution that limits government involvement, a Republic, not a democracy.

We are on our way back home with a stop in St. Louis for church. I miss our church and can’t wait to get there. There is supposed to be a carry-in. We were told to let them know next time we would be there and they would have a carry-in. We had said that was not necessary and I was told “Sis, let me tell you something about St. Louis. We like to eat and we will look for any excuse for a carry-in.” Ok, then.

I am very thankful to be heading home. I miss the woods. I am also anxious to see how the goats and other animals faired with us being gone. We made sure there was plenty of food and water, so that is not a concern. The concern is the mountain lion. We lost three goats and I really don’t want to lose anymore.



~Later the same day:

We went to church and had a wonderful time. I am thankful we were able to go. We heard a wonderful message and had a carry-in. I got a chance to talk with some of the sisters including the one who has spent the past ten or more years homeschooling. She is also a real estate agent and is up on real estate law and going to look into a couple of things for us since we are land-locked.

After wonderful preaching, food, and fellowship, we said our good-byes and left. Reverend called a bit ago to scold us. He wanted us to turn the van around right away. We didn’t say good-bye to him. I didn’t know where he was. I thought he was in the bathroom, but apparently he was in the sanctuary. It was sweet that he called.

Anyway, I am glad we are heading home.

1 comment:

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

What does "land-locked" mean? I'm glad you had a good trip.