Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Internetless Blogging

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


Can I just say that some people annoy me? I went to the grocery store to get a few things and there is a new sign. “No firearms allowed.” When I asked about this, I was told what had happened.

There were two people who came in, did some shopping, went through the check-out, paid for their stuff, and left. Nothing happened. But, they were carrying. Management not only did not like it, but stayed close by “Incase they tried to rob the place.”

So, two law-abiding citizens were looked upon as criminals because of one person’s paranoia. And now, there is a sign up saying “No Firearms Allowed.”

When I mentioned certain facts about gun carry, I was basically preaching to the choir. The clerk I was talking to (who also happened to be the clerk that took care of the gun carriers) understood what I was saying. But, when it comes to management, I guess we shouldn’t let facts interfere with hysteria.

I guess they are looking at it from a “Selling Alcohol” point of view. I thought Missouri repealed that law and the law was not written for grocery stores, but for places of alcohol consumption like bars or restaurants that sell alcohol to drink right there. Once again, why let a little thing like facts get in the way.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am at the laundromat finishing up some laundry. When we got here, there was a lady here and a load in one of the washing machines. I figure she was doing laundry. Well, about two minutes after the washer finished, she got up and went next door to the post office and just stood in the lobby. We thought she went in there for air conditioning and didn’t realize the machine finished. Ten minutes later, a gentleman came in and put the clothes in the dryer. The clothes were not hers. Strange. And sad.

The appraiser or adjustor or whomever from the insurance company is supposed to be looking at the truck today. There is a concern about the insurance company trying to force a total. We will fight it if they try.

Husband built a stand for the water tank last night and went to get water. The stand is about six feet up. This is good because it means we can use gravity to our advantage.
My mind is still on the shelter. Here it is the next day and I still have not heard back. I’m going to be going to Gainsville today for follow-up appointments for all of us from the strep. I’ll stop there after and see what happens.

No comments: