Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lovely Day

We had a wonderful day today.  We went to the Amish variety store where I got my hand mixer, spoke with L for a bit, asked her about Amish or Mennonite communities in the area that we moved to (she didn't know of any) and talked about container gardening.  I shared about my success with tomatoes, green beans, and peppers.  She shared about her failure with radishes.  Talking with her about it, we decided it was probably because it got too warm for the radishes in her kitchen.
.
From there, we went to M's where we hung out, swapped stories, had lunch, hung laundry, watched some TV, and just plain relaxed.  We talked about her pregnancy and limited options of doctors due to her insurance.  The practice she has had for every pregnancy and birth she has had until now no longer accepts her insurance.  Yet, they would accept her if she had no insurance.
.
From there, we went to D's where we had dinner and hung out and talked for a while.  We swapped some stories about our children.  I showed pictures.  We discussed some of the plans that we have for the property and the house.
.
After that, we came back to SIL where I sent the children to bed.  (Not that they are actually in bed right now since they are ignoring me.)  SIL came home a few minutes ago and Husband is in New Goshen going through stuff.
.
Tomorrow is my court date and we will be hading home from there.

No comments: