Sunday, May 9, 2010

Indiana

It is FLAT!  I forgot just how flat in such a short period of time.  I'm driving down the highway and bored.  My brain wanders and when I come back into focus, everything is the same.  In the Ozarks, you don't dare drive one-handed and your focus CAN'T wander.
.
The first thing I did was a load of laundry.  Once I started the machine, I also started pot of coffee.  So, I have two luxuries going.  A coffee pot that is not being brewed over a campfire.  A washing machine that fills and drains on its own.  There is also a dryer here.  Plus, guess what?  You flip a switch and you have lights!  And, guess what?  There is a TV here!  Pretty pictures flicker across a screen with little people who talk to each other. 
.
Ok, so I am not really that pathetic.  But it is amusing the stark comparison between how we live and how we used to live.  (Minus the whole TV thing.)
.
Tomorrow, we will be going to Rockville after running a few errands in town and we will be going to a couple of Amish stores to pick up some kitchen supplies that will make our lives a little easier.
.
Going to the St. Louis church today was wonderful.  I loved it and have really missed going to "my" church.  I have gotten quite a few questions and filled people in on what is going on.  Us moving, building a house, roughing it, etc.  One thing I would like to do is burn the pictures to a memory stick and have them printed out at Mics Pics.
.
I am looking forward to a wonderful night of sleeping in a house on a small couch.  Much more comfortable than the mattress we have where I can feel all the springs.  I know, I know.  Waah, wahh.
.
Off to switch over laundry and have some coffee that does not have grounds or ash floating in it.

No comments: