Monday, March 22, 2010

Good or bad

I don't know. I just typed out an e-mail basically getting a whole bunch of stuff off my chest that has been festering. Waking up from dreams several night in a row where I am basically having it out verbally with a bunch of people told me that I had to get it out. So, I did. I don't know if it was a good decision or a bad decision, but either way, it's done.
.
In weather class this morning, we discussed weather fears. What weather scares us the most, why, and what causes the weather. Bethany is (for obvious reasons) afraid of tornadoes. For me, it's ice storms because of the power outages that usually occur with them. Dead of winter, below freezing temperatures, and no heat makes for dangerous (potentially deadly) situation. (Our house is all electric. Including the heat.)
.
Yesterday, we had a church service at our house. I really enjoyed it. I just need to remind the children that just because we are at home, we are still having church so they need to be still and pay attention.
.
We're doing math baseball with the young homeschoolers today and Charlie is doing very well. He is quick with his answers. He still needs to work on multiplication, though. Multiplying 2 digits by 1 digit. I'll work with him.
.
The goats have not kidded yet. After losing Brightspot in labor, I am worried about the others. I know that dying while kidding is not the norm, but having it happen recently means I am on edge until I see a healthy kidding. Yes, I am neurotic.
.
Scouts is tonight and I actually have the recycling stuff in the van to take with me. (I forgot it last week.) What is interesting is the scout leader has taken a page from our parenting book and now has his son tuck his shirt in and wear a belt. His wife is planning on wearing skirts more. We've never told them they have to do this or anything. This is just how we are and they followed suit. It's kinda like M and the fact that without a word from me, she wears a skirt when she and I go somewhere just because I am wearing a skirt. (She only owns one skirt, but she has asked if I could make her some.)
.
Speaking of making skirts, I made another four last night. I have this one neat "cheat" pattern for the girls. I turn a pillowcase into a skirt. The opening is the hem and I cut the end, sew it over, and put the elastic in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, 'Tis me again, have you looked at the information about the transcriptionist? Your a fast typist and have a beter than average knowledge of medical terminology, so it might be something the you could do without having to leave the house. Two of Sarah's sister -in laws have gone through the course and are doing it from home from the Internet. Also there has been an advertisement on TV about doing evaluations of some sort at home. it has been OK'd by the BBB. any you may want to look at it. I'll keep looking for things that you wouldn't have to leave G. alone and still make $$$. Why church at home, was someone sick? Also I asked for prayer (without mentioning why) for you guys. Hope the info helps.. Love ya guys