Monday, February 15, 2010

Wiitastic

So, after church on Sunday, we go to my SIL's house and have dinner. She offers to keep the children so we could have some alone time. We made a run for it like any self-respecting, loving, devoted parent would do.
.
We took the opportunity to go get the Wii Fit balance board and went back to Wal-mart since they had some the day before. They were out. As was the other Wal-mart, K-mart, Sears, etc. HHGregg had two left. We went and got it. YAY!
.
We came home, did some rearranging, hooked up the Wii and put the red, yellow, and white plugs in the digital converter because out TV doesn't have one. With eager anticipation, I power it up. Nothing. Maybe I have it on the wrong channel? Nope. There was nothing happening. After careful examination, we figured out the problem. The outlets on the digital converter box are jut that. Out. Not input. So here we have this Wii, Wii Fit, boxes, packaging, lots and lots of searching and getting it only to find out that out TV is too old. (It's almost as old as I am. Hush!) I was near tears. This was obviously not meant to be, right? I mean all the work I put into getting these things after waiting so long and trying friends so I knew this was something that would get used regularly, and I was obviously not meant to have it. I felt defeated. Cheated. Why could I not enjoy this? Granted it is the epitome of marketing and consumerism and Nintendo has done an excellent job of keeping the hype up and the access restricted by limiting the amount released to the public each time. But does that mean I shouldn't have one?
.
We go back to my SIL's to get the children and I tell her about our woes. After she gets done laughing (understandably since our TV is too old for a Wii) she allows us to use one of hers. (It actually used to belong to my MIL.) It has a built in VCR and DVD player. This works for us because we still have and use VHS tapes. (I did mention that we are technologically behind, right?)
.
So we come home last night, switch out TVs, hook up the Wii, and guess what? We have a working Wii! We all now have a Mii. And, according to Wii Fit, my Wii Fit age is 32. (I'm going to be 38 on Saturday.) I'm hugely obese, am highly flexible, have a great center of balance, and do pretty well with the Yoga. (On Wii Sports, I am... Well... I do great on Wii Fit.)
.
Today, all the children got their little Miis in the Wii Fit system and Charlie's lack of balance and coordination really show up on it.
.
This evening, I went to feed the animals and check on our pregnant goats and got a pleasant surprise. Brightspot has lost her plug. She is having some contracting and has separated herself from the other animals. So we should have some babies here soon. I took the opportunity to check the other ladies while I had the chance and a few of them look like they are going to be going in the next couple of weeks. So, I will post updates on that as it happens.

1 comment:

Tina Michelle said...

Yeah, so glad you got it working! Sorry it took so much work but you will so enjoy it! Have fun!