Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slug Day

Yesterday, I was a slug all day. I spent the day in front of my laptop and watched every episode of Flash Forward. It was a show that came out last fall and I had heard about it while living with my SIL, but had never seen it. Seeing the commercials, I thought it might be interesting. When I had seen it on Hulu, I watched the pilot Monday night and decided that I wanted to see the other 9 episodes. (There are 10 listed with Hulu.) So, I watched the rest. Now, I am going to have to wait until March 18 for more episodes.
.
There is no baby goat yet. She's lost the mucous plug and that's it. She is separated and in the kidding stall. We have a heat lamp hanging in there and she seems to enjoy laying under it. She definitely is enjoying the "princess" treatment. We are keeping a close eye on the other goats as well. I am being ultra careful with the cold. Winter is not done yet and there is supposed to be more cold snaps in March according to the Farmer's Almanac.
.
Charlie's schooling is still going well. He (like most 7 year olds) does lose his focus at times, but he is able to get back on track with small prodding. I am a bit disappointed that he is no longer interested in piano lessons, but he still wants to play. So while we will be quitting lessons when this month is over, he will continue to play daily. He wants to learn to play the guitar. So I am thinking that for his birthday we get a child sized guitar and find some basic online lessons (maybe youtube?) and see what he does with that. If the interest continues beyond what he can learn online, then I will look into more formal lessons.
.
Bethany will continue with piano lessons for as long as she shows an interest. I don't know if we will start Hannah again any time soon. We're still talking about it.
.
Anyway, that's what's going on around here. I have work to do since I did nothing yesterday.

No comments: