Monday, December 7, 2009

Manic Monday

Great. Now I am going to have that song going through my head.
.
Anyway, we had the Breastfeeding Coalition meeting tonight and with the hospital, it is one step forward, two steps back. We have ideas to help with breastfeeding/pumping on the job to help encourage the different companies and businesses to be more proactive in support of nursing mothers, so we will see where that leads.
.
We made anemometers for weather class today. Charlie decided he did not want to stay for the afternoon groups, so we left the library and came home. He did book work and had a really bad day staying focused. That happens sometimes and it is frustrating because I know he is capable. He has shown it. But these days like today make me want to pull my hair out. I was talking with a friend of mine and she was helping her daughter with homework and getting frustrated. She said "How do you stay so patient?" Truth be told, I don't always. I get aggravated. I get annoyed. I yell. I get exasperated. I get fed up. I'm a mom. As a mom, I also need to recognize when I need to step back and take a breath and say "Ok. Let's try this again."
.
In other news, I am going back to Weight Watchers starting tomorrow. I was talking with one of the moms from the homeschool group and made the joke of "Since I am going back a failure, I am going to go back a complete failure and enjoy chocolate cake before tomorrow night."
.
Well, I have laundry caught up. I even did the sheets on our bed. Everything is put away. Charlie is at scouts. Husband took the girls with him when he took Charlie. SIL is laying down. This means I came back to a quiet house when I got back from the meeting. Strange. I will take advantage of this opportunity and do up the few dishes and have the last piece of chocolate cake. He-he.

No comments: