Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Housework is dangerous

I am living proof.  SIL has really high ceilings and by default really high door frames.  I am not short.  I am 5'7" and I have to stand on a chair and still reach way up to get the top of the doorways.  As I am reaching, the chair I am standing on gets knocked off balance and I end up falling.  I now have a nice bruise on my fanny and it hurts to sit.  It also hurts to walk.  Housework is dangerous to your health.

In other news, Charlie seems to be having a hard time grasping the concept of verb.  I'm going to look up a Schoolhouse Rock video to show him.  Maybe that will help make the connection.

Bethany decided she no longer knows how to write the letter "a."  Why, I don't know.  But she is making them look like a "Q."  I am sure there are some Star Trek jokes in there, but I can't think of any right now.

I made crockpot granola yesterday and the children don't want anything but that and the breads I made yesterday.  I made a loaf of regular wheat bread and a braided loaf of herbed bread.  The herbed bread was to go with dinner last night.  I keep reminding them that there is other food in this house besides granola and bread and we will be having sandwiches for lunch.  But they just want bowls of granola and chunks of bread.  

At yesterday's LLL meeting, only one person showed up and it was a friend of mine so we chatted a few minutes and waited.  After 15 minutes, I decided to start packing up and once I got everything back out to the van, I came back in the library and got some books for Charlie.  Some are for fun reading and some are on weather.  We were watching the weather channel and there was something on about tornadoes.  Between that and what happened to our home back in June (in which there is still stuff happening as a result of that) he wants to learn more.  So, I am going to take advantage of this interest and have our science focus right now be on weather.  Once we are back in our home, we will set up a weather station and he can help keep track.

2 comments:

Wyatt Earp said...

"Housework is dangerous."

Sweet! I am so showing this to the wife . . . so I don't have to do any. :)

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

Herbed bread and granola . . . what's wrong with that? I don't blame them. Sounds good!