Monday, August 31, 2009

Home Sweet Home

While I love being around God's people and seeing the many blessings He has given them and could happily stay forever, being in a hotel room, while also very nice does not compare to sleeping in ones own bed.
Hannah had gotten very sick during the week. She blued up on me several times and I ended up taking her to the ER. They did a chest x-ray and it showed inflammation of the lungs, but no signs of pneumonia. Her fever spiked during the night and finally broke. She is still sneezing a little bit, but other than that she (so far) seems fine. I am going to be following up with our doctor today (if I can get through since it is a Monday) and I am going to call St. Vincent to make an appointment with the pediatric cardiologist there.
We found our head rooster dead when we came home last night. The yard where the animals are looks like a bag of trash was ripped open and spread around. All the goats were accounted for and both donkeys look good. I haven't had a chance to do a chicken check. I did see both adult cats and both kittens so they are still around. It looks like we are going to have to set a trap for whatever animal is getting in with the chickens. Judging from what I saw, I am thinking possum or fox. There is no mass murder and there is a carcass so it isn't a coyote. (Plus, I did not hear any coyotes singing last night.) Raccoons are scavengers. (They are probably what did the trash.) A fox could have done this and been interrupted or a possum. I need to look closer in the light of day.
Flora has been getting antibiotic shots everyday thanks to my SIL. I am very thankful. She was getting better, but she is starting to get worse again. I don't know how much longer we are going to keep this up. Her mom was one that once she got sick (mastitis) she never fully recovered. Oh, she got over the mastitis with a lot of work on our part, but she always seemed sickly after that. I don't know what we are going to do.
I checked my work schedule last night on the way home and I work tonight and tomorrow night then I go to opening. I get off at 11:00 tomorrow night and have to be in the next morning at 4:00. This will be an interesting experience. I already lost my temper once with a person on days and we weren't even working together then. I just pray that God with keep His arm around me and His hand over my mouth. While I will apologize for yelling, I will not apologize for the things I said. I said nothing wrong. But, I should not have yelled. That was out of line on my part. It does not matter what the other person said or the situation. My character is being attacked? Lies are being told about me? So what. They are just words. I should have been able to deal with it without yelling.
Well, it is nice out today and a lot of work needs to get done as well as the unpacking and laundry. My computer also needs to be taken in for repair since it won't even turn on now. So, I am without a computer. This is going to drive me nuts. It is going to drive my husband nuts as well since I am using his computer to make this entry and check my mail.

No comments: