Monday, June 29, 2009

Thinking out loud

We are inventorying supplies for the soaps so see what we need.  I have the paper organized for the wrapping and am making a list from it so we can do some shopping.  We try to keep the scents color-coded of sorts.  We need to pick a color for the patchouli.

I am also thinking of scents for the future.  With the increase of scents, we are going to run out of colors.  So we are also toying with the idea of eventually going all white with the wrapping and just putting a mini version of the picture of Flora on the label like we do for the liquid and just differentiate with the scents by using a different ink color when we print the labels.  (If any of that makes sense.)

Our current scents.  (The website needs to be updated.)
Plain
Oatmeal
Honey
Coffee
Mint
Lemon Balm
Lavender
Hemp
Eucalyptus
Cedarwood
Cinnamon
Tea Tree Oil
Patchouli

Scents I am thinking of:
Basil
Rosemary
Rose
Pine
Chamomile
Citronella
Frankincense (I had a request for this.)
Myrrh (I had a request for this.)
Lilac
Orange
Mulberry

I also thought about:
Dogwood (Indiana Native)
Peach
Strawberry

It is a work in progress.  I'm sure it will always be that way.

4 comments:

Bee Balm said...

Seriously? I catch you *near* my roses, we're going to have problems. >:(

Heh.

I like the idea of an all-white with maybe a colored label, or a picture of the leaf/plant/flower you use... can you somehow wax the paper?

~K

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

. . . or, use waxed paper -- semi-transparent -- could see the soaps a bit, and their colors . . .

Katy said...

Hey..that was a great suggestion....I was going to recommend letting the kids color on paper and using that, or even using two colors on the ones that need a new color. Like pink on one side and yellow on the other. I'm sure that you are creative and will figure something out!

sasha said...

Can I make a couple of suggestions? I would combine frankincense and myrrh into one soap and consider sandalwood as a scent. Also, you might think about doing a "tea garden" scent with maybe chamomile and something else. It just sounds kind of poetic, tea garden soap.