Wednesday, May 20, 2009

McWorking McGirl

I am now working at McDonald's.  I had my orientation today and start tomorrow.  The extra income (what there may be of it) will go towards paying off the vehicles sooner.  After the van has some much needed repairs done.  Then the van will get extra payments done.  Then once the van is done being paid off, that payment will roll into the truck payment.

We have a new baby.  We were looking at Star and had made the comment of "She looks pregnant."  She had a barrel belly and her vulva was sticking out.   So, I was going to go back and look at when we took her twin brother in to be butchered.  I go outside today before heading to orientation.  There is an extra goat.  I look around and there is no sign of a recent birth.  I had seen Star's vulva earlier (her tail was pointed towards the house) and there was no sign of blood.  Yet here is a kid who still has an umbilical cord attached, but is nice and clean.  She was obviously born sometime yesterday judging by the looks of her.  She claim Star as her mother.  She is nursing great.  

But still no sign of the actual birth.  So, Star will be on the milking stand today and join Flora, Gi-gi, and Robin in being milked.

We have a new baby girl goat.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Please share with us as you start working all the interesting things that go on "behind the scenes" at fast food restaurants. I probably don't want to know... but I do :)

Congrats on the new baby goat. That's a fun surprise!

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

Which McDonald's? The north one?