Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Update

ELECTRICITY: We’re down. That’s a surprise. We’re not down a lot, but we are down. And, we have the humidifier running on constant. This is strange. But, I am not going to complain.  
Meter reading: 73398
Usage: 290kwh
Average per day use: 41.4kwh
Percentage: 137%

IDC: Not much got done in terms of planting, etc. But we have been eating what has been canned. I did get a part time job at McDonald’s to help with the small extras. Things like fixing the van. Minor stuff like that. We also want to build up an emergency savings account, pay the van off, then add that payment into the truck, then again into the house once the truck is paid off.

GARBAGE: I took three bags into town this week. I am sure I will have more next week.

GASOLINE: Gas prices have gone up. Next week, we need to get a filter so we can get the WVO system up and running again. Ironically enough, diesel is lower than regular gas at the moment.

MONEY: We have none of this.

HOMESTEAD: We got ourselves a nice little surprise. One of our goats who was not supposed to be pregnant gave birth to a little doeling. She is adorable and is nursing well. She likes to hide. With our brood, I am not surprised. I’d like to hide sometimes as well.  
The rabbits got separated and we will need to watch for bunnies. The rabbit who gave a surprise litter was given a Vit B shot since she is not looking good. She’s not looking bad, but she is not looking 100%. It looks like she may have an eye infection which George is going to investigate more.  

HOMESCHOOL: Charlie is still working on math and the whole borrowing. He knows how to do it, but given a sheet with a mix of “needs to borrow” and “doesn’t need to borrow” and he gets confused and borrows on ALL of them.
We made mint jelly with the wild edibles class and it tastes wonderful. The children enjoy it with their peanut butter sandwiches. They are having a jelly that THEY made.

GOALS ACCOMPLISHED: The bedroom is mostly finished. The furniture is moved. Now, it is just a matter of organizing what it left.
The basement is not done. I am waiting until the leak is fixed.
The desks have been moved and I like the desk where it is. I am going to want a couple of “in/out” boxes on it to help me stay organized.
The clothes got done yesterday and Hannah had more clothes handed down to her, and some of her clothes got put in the donation pile. All winter clothes are hanging in the closet in the basement.
On a sad note, they now have no skirts made by me. All the skirts I had made for them have been out grown.

NEW GOALS: I am not putting anything here this week. My biggest goal is to work out how working affects home life and balancing that out.

No comments: