Friday, April 22, 2011

Long Day

Today was another long day, but that's ok.  Things got done and stuff is getting organized and pulled together.

Anyway, I spent yesterday home with my family.  I did a bit of work from home and enjoyed walks around the property and spending the day with my family.  Last night, some storms came through and the children had fun.  They played in the rain ahead of the lightening and "took a shower and washed their hair."  Granted once the lightening approached, they had to come inside.

What I found slightly amusing (ok, I giggled) is the fact that a bold of lightening hit a transformer and caused a black out in the entire area.  We heard the reports over the fire radio (we stayed on stand-by) about everything being black and going out and firing up generators for the stations.  We remained unaffected.  If it hadn't been for the fact that we are with the FD, we would never have known.  We were snug and cozy in our home with lights on and everything.

Hannah just came up to me and said "We got some cook wood for you so you can make bread."  Think she's hinting for something?  LOL

Anyway, I am going to enjoy this week-end.  Tomorrow is scheduled maintenance at the fire department.  Then the rest of the week-end I am looking forward to resting and relaxing and enjoying my family.  I know Sunday is Easter Sunday and I don't know what the plans are.  But as long as I am with my family and serving God in my daily life, that is all that matters.

No comments: