Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday and stuff

Yesterday was my birthday and tomorrow is Bethany's birthday.  For my birthday I got about 40 chicks between the ages of 2 weeks and 2 months.  I am very happy.  They are in cages right now, but that will change tomorrow when the coop gets done.

We will be taking care of Bethany's birthday on Wednesday.  She's getting a pink bb gun which she has been asking for.  (Well, that and a kitten.  She is not getting a kitten.)  She's excited.  It's all she's been talking about.

The expansion for the kitchen is done except trim and sealing cracks.  I like it.  It looks really good.  When I have more battery life, I'll upload pictures and show them.  We're going to have an access panel to take care of the propane tank for the propane fridge.  Wiring is going to be run so we can plug the chest freezer in inside the house instead of outside where it's spent the past however many months it's been.

Laundry got done today.  Five washers and three dryers came to $13.00.  I'll spend the extra $3.00 to come home with dry clothes instead of hanging them inside and out.  I also got water today while the girls had their spinning.  We got our stockpots refilled, the water cooler refilled, and the tub is half filled in anticipation of adding boiling water for a nice hot relaxing bath. 

Can I just say that I am looking forward to indoor plumbing?  I'm not worried about hot water hook-up.  Although a nice luxury, it is less important to me than having indoor plumbing so I can just turn on a faucet and have water come out.

Over the next week, I am going to be going through all the children's clothes one at a time and figure out what they have, what they need, what they've outgrown, and make a list accordingly so that when yardsale season starts, I know what to get them.  Yep, it's that time of year again.

1 comment:

♥'s books said...

awwww, happy belated birthday. baby chicks are so adorable. That is one thing I love about spring and easter season is all the baby chicks. Happy birthday to Bethany, too! :)