Monday, December 27, 2010

Almost Home

We're almost home after being in Indiana for 3 weeks.  It will be good to be home.  Mandie still has not had her baby yet, but she will be seeing the midwife in the morning and will find out what her body is doing.  I'm prepared to head back to Indiana when the time comes, but I will be going alone.  The children miss being home and miss having the freedom to just go outside and run.  At home they can run and run and run and still be on our property.  They were getting a bit stir-crazy.  But they (and we) did get an overload of television.  We are fixed for the next decade.

We stopped in St. Louis to visit friends and I am thankful that we did.  We haven't seen them in forever and I am very thankful for them.  Their son made the decision that in April they will come and stay with us and in December we will stay with them.  That works for me.  The children wanted to stay and keep playing.  They also kept trying to pack things up to take with them.

Tomorrow is a La Leche League meeting.  So I am going to have to get everything together tomorrow morning.  Not that I expect anyone to show up.  But I still need to be there.  If nothing else, I will get January stuff done and maybe even plan into February.

We also need to get one of the brakes fixed on the van.  It's grinding.  But only when we stop.  It's not like we need to use the brake all the time. 

The truck needs the tires rotated and one of them needs to be replaced.  All of this stuff is going to be taken care of either this week or next week depending on scheduling.  I have a mental list of stuff that needs attention with us having been gone so long.

No comments: