Monday, November 22, 2010

Keeping up with blogging is sometimes hard.  I get busy and when I have down time, I don't always feel like blogging.  I got caught up in a facebook game called "City of Wonder" and it really isn't any different than Chef World or Farmville or Farm Town or Zoo World or any of the others.  Same basic game, but different graphics.  Instead of a pot on the stove, you put a straw hut in a square.  Instead of helping your neighbor scare off fox, you warn them to not sail off the edge of the earth.  Still, it is a good distraction.

We are low on water again so I will be getting water today when I take the girls to their spinning lesson.  Both girls are now spinning and love it.  And, since it is at the same place I get my water, I can kill two birds with one stone.  That, and the lady that teaches them to spin is the most wonderful lady.  She has so much patience with my children and has a very warm, caring heart.  She is one of the few people I can point to and say to my children "She is a wonderful role model and a godly mentor."

In other news, my animals are strange.  The horse, donkey, and goats prefer the dog food.  The dogs prefer the pig feed.  The pig prefers the all grain that goes to the horse, donkey, and goats.  The pig also got out the other day.  I was 20 minutes late getting out there and the pig broke through the gate and was working her way to the house.  I get out there and have to entice her back to her pen with her bucket of feed.  Brat.

Bethany was talking the other day about what she wants to do when she grows up.  She wants to go to college and become a cop.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I have a great deal of admiration for cops.  They have a hard, thankless job.  It is high stress.  The alcohol abuse rate is high.  Divorce rate is high.  Domestic violence rate is high.  It is rare for a cop to make it through unscathed.  The toll on the psyche is harsh.  Then there is the whole I prefer my daughter alive thing.  While I would never discourage a child from a chosen career, I don't know if I can encourage her in this.  Thankfully, she is five and will (hopefully) change her mind a million times between now and adulthood. 

Hannah on the other hand said when she grows up, she wants to get a job so she can get some money and take us out to eat.  Sounds good to me. 

We've been collecting and splitting wood like crazy around here.  The good news is there is plenty of wood around.  The bad news is it doesn't collect, split, and stack itself.  We are also raking rock starting in the goat/horse area.  There is enough rock loosened to make walking difficult for humans and very uncomfortable for the equine.  So, raking rock is on the to do list for today and tomorrow for their area.

After Thanksgiving (the end of Open Season) we will be letting the goats roam again during the day.  They will hopefully clear out some of the underbrush so we can have pasture for the equine and come spring a milking cow.  While we don't need a milking cow for milk when the goats are milking, I like the cream and butter.  I've become spoiled with R's milk.  (Her cow is named Ice-Cream.)

Time for me to feed the children and get the girls to their lesson.  There isn't much else going on.

No comments: