Husband has been admitted for observation so he can get IV abx. His feet had suddenly swollen and had not gone back down so we came to the hospital. Although his white blood cell count is not elevated, they went ahead with the abx anyway. Just before starting the abx, they drew blood from each arm to do a bacterial count (I think is what they said.) Either that or a.... Something. It's 4:00am and I haven't been to sleep yet.
The nurse was really nice and gave me a pillow and a couple of blankets and sheets and directed me to a waiting room with recliners and couches.
I checked in with O who has the children and they are doing well. If Husband does indeed get discharged when we think he will, I will be staying here until then. Otherwise, I will leave in the morning after the doctor sees us and go go pick up the children.