Monday, May 3, 2010

The rains have stopped

Also known as miracles still exist.  We straddle Ozark County, Missouri and Marion County Arkansas.  Ozark County had four tornadoes touch down.  Arkansas has declared a state of emergency.  We remained untouched.  Sure, we had thunderstorms and a lot of rain, but no tornadoes, no winds, no hail, nothing like that on Saturday night.
.
There has been so much mud and muck that some people can't get out with their vehicles.  There are horses tied to posts around town.  I love it.
.
We went to a little local church yesterday.  While we will continue our membership with the St. Louis location of our regular church, this was a nice place to visit.  We will probably go there on Wednesday nights.  The preacher is actually a neighbor of ours, so it works out nicely.  Everyone has offered to help us in whatever is needed.  And I have a feeling that if I were to take them up on it, they would jump at the chance.
.
One of the members yesterday that we met is the sheriff of Ozark County and we asked about carry laws.  He shrugged, said "Everyone carries.  It's no big deal, just keep it covered."  Ok.  That works for me.  Putting the children in the truck last night after church, I grabbed the gun and slipped it into the back of my skirt so the children wouldn't be alone with it.  A bunch of people around and I'm grabbing a 45 and shoving it down the back of my skirt and it was looked upon as normal behavior around here.
.
We are heading back to Indiana on Sunday with a stop in St. Louis for church.  I need to cal my SIL to see if we can stay with her.  Power has been shut off in New Goshen.  While not a big deal, we will be having laundry with us and I am tired of laundromats.
.
I spoke with M on the phone the other day and I am under orders to spend Monday with her.  Sounds good to me.  I miss her.  D also told me to make sure I plan for dinner with them.  I'm thinking Tuesday night after court.  Then we will probably head back Wednesday or Thursday.  It depends on how much packing we are going to do and how tired we are.  We will be taking the van with us this time so once again both of us will be driving.  I am hoping M will be able to come with us for a vacation for her and her family. 
.
I love my husband and my children and am very thankful for this opportunity we have.  I don't see us failing here.  Not as long as we have God on our side.  I just pray that the house gets done before September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George and Kim, ('tis me,B) Glad to know your OK and the storms that went through didn't get to you. Give me a call because I may be going down to KY, this weekend. Don't know for sure. Did Ken and Tina make it out of the muck and mire? If so when do they plan on going back? will talk at you two later then. love ya!!