Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The rains come again

I swear it seems like there is a monsoon season here.  Gah!  I did laundry today.  It couldn't wait.  So I have clothes up on the line all trying to dry while it is trying to rain.
.
Tons of wood got cut and split today.  The porta-potty that was bought the other day is now set up so we have a dry place to go potty that does not involve a tent flap.  There is even a rope up to the door to help with middle of the night navigation.  The bucket with lid is getting washed out and will go into our trailer for the girls for their middle of the night usage.
.
The canopy over the "kitchen" area got covered since it lost its waterproofness (is that a word?) a long time ago.  We tarped from it to the door of our trailer to give us extra shelter from the rain.  (Thunderstorms tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night.)
.
I did take time out to take pictures today.  Most of the flowers I wanted to get pictures of for identification have since come and gone.  But there are trees, bushes, and vines that are awaiting identification.
.
Tentatively speaking, we will be going back to Indiana on June 2 and stay for a few days.  We will be renting a moving truck and move everything down here then.  That way when we go back in July for the family reunion, I won't be wondering "Ok, what do we bring this time?"  Same thing when we go back in August.  So, two weeks from today, we will be back in Indiana.  We will leave back for here early Sunday morning stopping in St. Louis for church.
.
Today is my SIL's birthday.  We called her and Charlie got a chance to talk with her, but she had to hang up before the girls got to talk with her.  They are heartbroken so I will call her either tomorrow or Friday so they can talk.  I was going to call her back today, but the day got away from us and it is late and starting to rain a bit.  Charlie's birthday is Friday next week.  We will do a little something special for him.  I am thinking gun.  At the very least, a chance to shoot something other than a bb gun.  I know he will love it.  I am thinking giving him a chance this week to shoot and see how he handles himself.  Either he will get a gun or he will get a fishing pole depending on the results.

No comments: