Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long two days

Yesterday morning, I did a wii workout then we went to gym with the homeschoolers where Charlie fell head first on the floor. I left the girls at home because Hannah was in desperate need of a nap and Bethany was congested.
.
Charlie had a blast even with the threat of a concussion. At least he didn't break his finger like another child did. Poor kid.
.
~Charlie just came out of the shower with a muddy shirt on and when I asked him if he washed everything (because he forgets to do things like actually wash) he said "Yes. But I forgot to use soap." He's heading back in the shower and I told him to put CLEAN pajamas on.~
.
We went to K and T's after gym where I taught T how to make cabbage rolls and we had that for dinner. While there, I decided to do a quick e-mail check and saw an e-mail for a new mom needing a bit of help due to serious nipple confusion. (Yes, world. Nipple confusion is real.)
.
After being there for a few hours, we got the baby to the breast, latched, and nursing. I left tired but happy. I came home last night feeling pretty good about the mom and baby and went to bed because I had to get up early to have Charlie at the Lion's Club for a cub scout clean-up. While he was occupied, I snuck outside and called to check up on the new mom and baby. The baby wasn't latching again.
.
I went it, let Husband and K know what was going on and left. When I got to the new mom's home, I walked into a very exhausted mom and baby. How well I remember those days. I advised them to sleep and spent the time visiting with the new grandma.
.
Mom and baby wakes up, I have a talk with the baby, and he nurses no problem. If only my children would listen so well. LOL
.
When I got home, I laid down for what was supposed to be an hour or so and I pretty much passed out for several hours. I was very tired. I think I was channeling the "newborn days" when exhaustion feels like a permanent part of your life.
.
After the children are in bed, I am hoping to spend some time on the wii. Yeah, I'm addicted. The workouts are fun. What can I say?

No comments: