Monday, February 1, 2010

Dr. Appts

The three Hoppes females had appointments today. Since all of our birthdays are fairly close together, I try to have them all be the same day.
.
Hannah is very healthy. Although she does still turn blue, she is growing, developing, and having no other problems. Since the hole in her heart healed, the murmur is gone. She sported her very first black eye for the doctor and received a clean bill of health. With the family history of diabetes, I have routine A1c tests done on all of us. Hers is 5.5.
.
Bethany decided to spend part of her exam jumping off the exam table to show how high she can jump. (All the way to the stars.) She is a highly energetic almost five year old with an A1c of 5.8. Although in "normal" range, it is high normal. Time to buckle down with getting back on track.
.
My turn came. The girls got ushered out of the room so I could get examined. I spoke with the doctor for a bit, got the orders for my thyroid testing, got changed into a gown, and proceeded to get examined. (It had been a few years since my last pelvic.) During the breast exam, the doctor found a lump. Although most likely a cyst, I am getting a mammogram done on Thursday morning. Having never had one (I had been lactating) I was going to get a base line done anyway. But now with the lump, I have quickly gone from base line to diagnostic.
.
We then went on to the pelvic exam and I will get those results some time next week. (Actually, I will call Friday morning if I hear nothing.)
.
I am trying to not worry, but I really feel like throwing up right now. Although I am not as stressed as I was, I am still concerned. I know that ultimately God is the one in control and whatever happens, I will be OK. However, I am still concerned.

No comments: