Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's official.

Tomorrow is my last day with my lady and while I am thankful for the learning and growing experience this has given me, I can not say I am sad to see it end. I do not know if I will be getting a job with the independent living facility. The property manager has to go over applications and do interviews. While I hope I get on there, I am not overly concerned if I don't. I have had some of the residents say to me today that they miss me when I am not there. They are sweet. So are the workers. I love them. But I know that whatever God has in store for me will be good and I will be thankful for whatever comes my way.
.
We have had several inches of snow here and while beautiful, people seem to forget how to drive when it hits the ground. There is also the philosophy that people around here have that "God put it there, God can take it away." How's that working for you when you go sliding through an intersection at 7:30am? Ok, so that wasn't a very nice thought. Shame on me.
.
I really don't have a lot to blog about today. The contractor who did us wrong had his home burn to the ground. Thankfully, his family is safe. Irony abounds.
.
Well, I am going to head to bed. I want to get up early so I can make dough and have it set to rise so I can make fresh rolls for dinner tomorrow night after I get home. I should be home early since my lady and her family leave tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: