Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sleepless Night

I was having nightmares last night. Ones that I have not had in a long time. It was most likely triggered by the stress and now that we have some answers (details of that will be later this week) everything just manifested itself in an old nightmare. At least that is what the logical awake part of me is thinking. However, when gripped in the middle of it, it is not much help.
.
The only major difference with the nightmares I was having last night and my "usual" ones that I have not had in a long time is that I was my age now. In my old ones, I am a child. Which makes sense considering.
.
I kept getting beaten and I couldn't stop it. I had bruises and welts up and down my legs and back from my lower ribs down to my ankles. I just kept getting hit over and over and over again. It wouldn't stop. I don't know who or what was hitting me. I couldn't see. When I woke up, I could still feel the pain from the nightmare across my back and sides of my lower ribs.
.
Anyway, that was my wonderful night last night. My children are awake and I need to get ready for work and drink more coffee.
.
Oh, and the annoying thing is, I went to sleep last night happy and in a good mood. Husband and I had been laughing and joking and having a bit of fun. (Hush! That is not what I'm talking about!)

No comments: