Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm running away

Or rather I wish I could run away sometimes. The children were in rare form today. They just had so much energy and being unable to focus myself, I could not focus them very well. I left to pay the mortgage and the vehicle payments and went to visit my best friend and hung out there for a couple of hours. I had to get away from the chaos that was my children.
.
Tonight was a coalition meeting and my voice recorder worked very well. I had Bethany with me and I ended up looking at her at one point and saying "Is your hair on fire!?" She kept getting in my face to talk to me as I was trying to talk. It was annoying. That was one small thing out of what was basically a "how cute" little girl who was going around to the different ladies saying "I love you" to them and giving them hugs and kisses.
.
I have to write something for the January newsletter breastfeeding related and I am going to do something on nursing while pregnant and tandem nursing. I am organizing my thoughts already. I am going to go over some old blog posts and read a bit of what my brain was like then. Exhaustion comes to mind.
.
I am also going to work with Crisis Pregnancy to do breastfeeding classes once a month or so. Someone from there will contact me in the next week or two.
.
The coalition is going to do something to recognize business that go out of their way to accommodate nursing moms in the work place. We are going to have a ceremony and invite the mayor. We will have it in August to coincide with world breastfeeding week/month.
.
Basically, I see me being busy in the near future.

1 comment:

Amy W said...

I feel like running away sometimes too. By the way....one more week and we'll hit the 9 month nursing mark! Other than his lovely teeth, we are doing well.