Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My day so far

I have seven quarts of green beans in the canner right now that the children helped snap.  They had fun breaking the green beans and putting them in the jar.  I have four more quarts waiting their turn and they will go in along with the quart of zucchini and the two quarts of squash.  It is time for winter storage prep.  I am hoping to do a better job this year than I did last year with preparing for winter.  The eleven quarts of green beans will last about two weeks.  So, I will be needing a lot more than that.

The dishwasher we got seems to be doing well.  It feels strange not having a sink full of dishes waiting for me.  On the other hand, it seems strange having dishes take over an hour to wash.  What this will do to the electric bill, I have no idea.  But we shall soon see.

It is now time to get the donkeys calmly loaded into the trailer to get them to the vet.  Yes, I am a bit concerned, but I also know that they will be taken care of by people who know what they are doing and can guide us as we help them recover from the neglect that they have endured.

No comments: