Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Letters

To the woman on the side street trying to get out,
I spent a full light cycle waving you out in front of me. I know that side street is hard to get out of. You saw me beeping and waving. I left three car lengths worth of room. You chose not to move. Don't cuss me out when the light changes and I decide to go ahead. You had more than a chance and you chose to sit there.


To the nursing home staff,
My MIL is an individual with valid needs. If you get too busy to bathe her, fess up. Don't give me the run around. When I ask a question, give me a straight answer. Her physical pain is real. So is her dignity. Treat her right.

To my friends,
Sorry I have been neglecting you all. I am not much fun to be around and all I feel like doing is griping or crying. Please be patient with me and hopefully, I will return to the land of the living soon. (No pun intended.)

To my children,
Grandmom is dying. She has a matter of weeks. Most certainly less than a month. If you were older or there were a better way to explain this to you, I would. Needless to say, Grandmom won't be around after a while. (You'd think living on a farm would make this easier.)

To my husband,
I love you. Thank you for putting up with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you & your family. My heart truly is hurting for you. Lastnight & today I am staying with my grandpa & I watch him sleep.....wondering how much longer I have with him & remembering the good times.

Your Friend,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you & your family. My heart truly is hurting for you. Lastnight & today I am staying with my grandpa & I watch him sleep.....wondering how much longer I have with him & remembering the good times.

Your Friend,
Tracy