Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tomorrow, we leave for Indiana. My license is missing. I don’t know what happened to it. It was in my wallet, but the girls like to play in my wallet even though they are not supposed to. Thankfully, I have my license number memorized.

We slept up on the ridge last night. Charlie and Bethany slept in the cabin last night and enjoyed it. Hannah slept in the camper with us since she still crawls into bed with us most nights. When we got up this morning (we slept in until 8:00!) and looked into Hannah’s adorable face, we said “This is why we said ‘No’ to you sleeping in the cabin last night.” She just grinned, put her face into my shoulder and said “Snuggy buggy.” Little stinker.

Today, we are going to get water. Or I should say Husband and Charlie are going to get water. The girls and I are going to take care up setting things up here and getting ready to leave for Indiana.

I’m so relieved that we are up here. It was actually nice being able to talk with a friend of mine while relaxing on the front porch or laying across the bed comfortably. Now if my internet would just work. But it needs to be replaced. (The air card stick, not the internet.)

Well, I need to scoot. I have a lot of work to do.





Thursday, July 1, 2010

We are now heading down our half mile long stump filled driveway on our way to the bank. We’re going to pay a couple of bills then head to Indiana. Strangely enough, I had to wake Charlie and Bethany this morning. I go in and say “Good morning my sweet, precious children.” Charlie stretches and Bethany picks her head up to look at me. They both close their eyes to go back to sleep. Then, I say the magic words. “Who wants to see Auntie B” They both jump up eager to start the day.

Last night, it was really nice sitting on our front porch after the children were in bed and asleep. It was dark out and we were enjoying the night air just sitting quietly. Husband had his head band flashlight on and was reading the Bible while I sat and watched him.

All the goats are in place. We finished that up last night as the sun was going down. I also decided to have mercy. Charlie wanted to keep two of the rabbits. So, we now have two rabbits. Small black and white ones. He likes them and has agreed to 100% responsibility. Which he has been doing anyway. He feeds and waters them without prompting or any help from us. He made the comment of “And I will keep them in my room!” Nice try, Charlie. So, I will be setting up a free range area for a couple of the rabbits.

Charlie has decided that when he gets his license, he is going to go to Maine. Hannah has said when she gets her license, she will take Daddy to the doctors appointments. Bethany said that when she gets married, she will live next door to us and she will get us a puppy and when she comes over to visit, she will bring the puppy over. So I now know all my children’s plans for when they grow up.

1 comment:

Lisa A. Goff, writer, stained glass, homeschooler said...

We will be heading to Missouri (St. Louis) -- and you are heading to Indiana -- will our paths cross? Wave as you go by! Have a safe trip.