Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beautiful Weather

However, it is also very hot.  Yesterday, I did a load of laundry and it was dry in less than two hours.
.
I am fluctuating between proud and disturbed right now.  My children started a campfire yesterday.  Of course if was (insert name of child that is not me) that did it.  I know who the culprit is (Bethany) but the actual building of the fire pit out of rocks, properly stacking the kindling, and getting the fire going and feeding it and keeping it safely in the ring is impressive.  They safely and properly started a fire.  That is the motherly pride part.  However, my children started a fire!  That is the disturbed part.  They also started it in less than five minutes and had flames.  Do you know how long it takes me to start a fire from nothing first thing in the morning?  It takes more than five minutes. 
.
We got hoof trimmers for the goats today.  We lost our last pair somewhere and I have no clue where.  We went to a lot of different places looking for a pair and finally called a place in West Plains.  They had one pair left.  We went to this one place the other day and the woman gave me a pair of horse hoof trimmers and said "I'm sure they could be used for goats as well."  Uh, no they can't.  Horse hooves = big.  Goat hooves = small.  Not to mention the different shapes of them and the thickness of the hoof itself.  Yeesh.  The woman had no clue. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog and I hope you keep going!!