Thursday, April 15, 2010

Overnight

The children are staying the night tonight with their favorite Aunt B. I know it will be quite a while before they see her again and I know they all love each other, so I called yesterday to see if this could happen. I'll pick them up tomorrow after I go see the PD.
.
I got two more cakes baked and ran out of cocoa powder. So the cupcakes will be plain.
.
The fencing is taken down except for the front area. So, the animals have free run of the whole backyard. Not that this is different from any other day, but there is no fence to sneak through, under, around, over, etc. The posts are pulled as well.
.
I've started as packing the van of some of our stuff. I am looking forward to this, but I am also exhausted. I wonder if I am forgetting to take my Levothyroxine. I make a point to try to remember to take it, but with everything going on, I find myself asking "did I take it today?" Yes, I get absent-minded at times.
.
The person that was supposed to get the pygmy flaked on us, so we still have her. That's a bit annoying. Husband reposted on Hoosier Topics for her. We'll see how it goes.
.
The baby goats are all looking beautiful and healthy. Hopefully, I will have time to take pictures tomorrow and get them posted.
.
Among the things we are doing, we are also trying to figure out how and where to fit all the animals. I think we got it, but reality will determine that for sure.
.
Granola is made and I am going to keep it hidden from the children. It is going in a big container and coming with us to AR. We are also taking oats, flour, eggs, and most of our other food. I am also taking my crockpot. We have a few batteries and an inverter. That along with a silicone loaf pan will allow for homemade wheat bread. Yes, you can bake bread in a crockpot.

No comments: