Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weigh Day

Just call me "Fatso." Not surprisingly, I gained this week. I gained one pound. While not a lot and not surprising, it still does not make me happy.
.
I finally got paid today and my last day is Friday. I can't say that I am sad about this job ending. I knew it was temporary when I started. I did not know how mentally and emotionally draining it would be to me. I am thankful for this job though. It really showed me the importance of having a servant's heart and the distinction between that and getting walked all over. I can have a servant's heart and not get treated like garbage. It is easy to have a servant's heart when the person you are caring for and helping is kind. It is harder when the person is not so kind. But as a dear friend reminded me, I am not doing it for her. My reward is not with her. It is with God.
.
I am still hoping I get the job at the place. I like the people there (residents and staff) and I like the environment. It would be an overnight position a couple of nights a week, but I don't mind.
.
Tomorrow, I need to spend some time with Charlie and his math. For some reason, he has forgotten everything he has learned. Why, I don't know. But we will sit down tomorrow and get it worked out and get him back on track. Adding and subtracting to the hundreds should not be a big deal for him, but he can't seem to grasp it even though he was doing it no problem last week. I swear with this child it seems like it is two steps forward, twenty steps back when it comes to math.
.
We got to babysit tonight. I love J. He is cute as a button especially when he does "neck farts." (The hole from where he had the trach.) He is getting big. He is starting to walk and takes steps to me. He can climb on coffee tables and slide down off of beds. While all of this might not seem like a big deal with a 19 month old, this is a baby who was born at 25 weeks gestation weighing in at 1lb 3oz. There was a question as to whether or not he was going to live. So the laughter and pure mischief is a delight.
.
It is late and I am tired. I am heading to bed.

No comments: