Friday, January 29, 2010

Long Day

Today was a long day in Bloomington. It was day 2 of the two day training that I did. (Day 1 was last week.) I am thankful that I went and thankful that it is done.
.
I came home to all the children alive, Charlie having done his school work, and the house still clean. I am thankful for my husband for allowing me to do this and not have to worry about what goes on here. I know things get taken care of and he makes sure I am not walking into a disaster.
.
On Sunday, I need to go to the health fair after church to work the booth for the Breastfeeding Coalition. I need to look for the photo album of nursing moms that I have so people can see what "normal" nursing looks like. (Newborn, pregnant, toddler, tandem, etc.)
.
I also need to write out my nursing story and how La Leche League helped me for a local newsletter. Gah! I have lots of typing to do. But, I don't feel like doing that right now. I don't feel like delving into those early days and how hard it was. I'll do that tomorrow. It requires too much introspection right now.
.
Recycling here is really easy. (This is in reference to a comment.) ISU has a drive-thru recycling center and also accepts e-scrap. There is also a TV Tuesday once a month.
.
Once a year, the city has a tire amnesty day and there is also a tox-away day where they take hazardous waste such as old paint, etc. (These are different days and different drives.)
.
While we don't have the annual stuff, having a place that takes pretty much everything makes for very little actual trash. Right now, out only trash are the pull-ups the girls wear to bed. Two pull-ups in a 24 hour period for trash is not bad. And that we can take to my SIL once every few weeks. (Or however long it takes to fill a trash bag.)
.
Anyway, I need to get off here and do something productive.

No comments: