Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where do they get this energy?

Where do children get their energy from? And, why is it that the way for adults to acquire the same level of energy is illegal?
.
The children had a blast blasting me with cold, snowy air by leaving the door open every time they ran in and out. We have several inches of snow and it continues to snow. The good news is all the pot holes in out driveway are now filled in. The bad news is we have no working camera. I am missing having a camera.
.
We had a business meeting after church and it was followed by a carry-in. My initial thought after the Christmas holidays was to spend these next few days having oatmeal for breakfast and the rest of the day having raw produce. (Fresh fruits, salads, etc.) But I have pretty much scrapped that idea as I sit here with a grilled cheese sandwich. I will accept the weight gain I am going to show and deal with getting back on track Tuesday. Until then, while I am not going to take the opportunity to engorge myself with food, I am also not going to stress over the scale.
.
So far, having the thermostat at 63* seems to be working. The bedrooms stay toasty warm as long as the doors stay closed and while the rest of the house is chilled, sweatshirts, hats, and gloves can be worn. I also noticed that the washing machine was set to "warm" so I switched it to cold. That should help with the meter reading. I am still wondering about the electricity used for the dishwasher. I'll figure it out.
.
We need to make a trip to Goodwill and Lighthouse Mission for clothes. My children keep growing. Charlie needs pants. Preferably ones that don't have holes in the knees. Bethany has outgrown most of her dresses. The ones she does have are for church. Not play. So, she needs a few play dresses.
.
I have been trying to get my children to stop with the tattle-tailing. Bethany comes up to me and says "When you were a little girl, didn't you do things you weren't supposed to do? And didn't your brothers and sisters have to tell on you?" First of all, I don't have any brothers. Second of all, I have been your mother all your life.

No comments: