Monday, September 7, 2009

Stuff got done

Stuff did get done today, but the house is still a disaster.  The construction workers are supposed to start Wednesday.  

Switching to mornings, I was hoping to be able to accomplish things around here during the day.  Instead, I feel like I am losing control of my home, family, and children.  I am walking around exhausted.  I took a nap today on the bed in the balcony and basically passed out for several hours.  I wasted a whole day.  I get up and shortly after I do, I am having to give Hannah a shower because she doused herself in gasoline.  How did she get it?  She wandered off for less than five minutes while George was mowing.  I just happened to be awake and up when it happened.

After dinner, I am finding myself cleaning up sugar that Hannah got into.  She (keeping in mind she is freshly showered) is covered and sticky.  It is on the floor, in the carpet, and everywhere.  All that gets cleaned up and ten minutes later, she has the tub again and now it is completely gone.  So, I am vacuuming again and I sent her to bed.

Half an hour later, Bethany get a box of glow-in-the-dark-processed-garbage... err... macaroni and cheese and dumps the cheese packet on the floor where I just got done vacuuming the sugar up.  She got sent to bed.

I am hoping that once the construction is done, I will sleep better and the exhaustion will leave.  If it continues, I don't know what I am going to do.  Go back to nights?  Quit my job?

I feel like a failure as a mother.

No comments: