Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's Over

I think we survived.  I am also questioning our sanity since we are discussing Pioneer Days.  Thankfully, it looks like Pioneer Days is a single week-end in October.  We have also made connections with people who are willing to carry our soap in their stores and have an in on other festivals and week-ends where we can set up.  We have learned a LOT this past week.  One of which George can not handle a full week.  It just shows that no matter how good he looks, he is still very much disabled and incapable of putting in the hours no matter how much he wants to.  He is in bad shape and it will take him quite a while to recover.  How long that recovery will take, I don't know.  I do know that I am not trusting him alone right now for fear of bad seizures and his inability to move very well.  Needless to say, week long events are out until I am no longer working.
The other thing going on is our herd of nine is up to twelve and by Monday morning will be up to sixteen.  We got good deals on goats.  We sold Gus and got four more goats.  A total of two nubians and two boers.  Monday, we are picking up another herd of four for $50 and they are a nubian female, boer female, nubian cross female and an unknown male.  All of them are adults and of a decent size.
Monday afternoon, we are getting two donkeys.  A jack and a pregnant jenny.  They have been raised as guard donkeys and will continue to serve that purpose.  The baby will also be trained to be a working donkey.  If the jack is not castrated, we will castrate him because we are not wanting a whole herd of donkeys and donkeys live for an average of 30-50 years.  So barring any complications, these donkeys will serve our purpose for a long time to come.
So, along with being a business owner, McDonald's employee, goat and chicken farmer, soap maker, wife, mother, La Leche League Leader, homeschooling, I am now going to be a donkey owner.
I am switching to days at work.  Or at least I am going to try.  Maybe I can work opening shift.  That is what?  4-11am?  Something like that?  It's the same hours I work now, but in the morning instead of at night.  I have to do something. I take Saturdays and Sundays off.  I don't know.  I'm just thinking out loud here.

No comments: